Saturday, September 5, 2009

i wonder why some people's mouth just can't shut?

i think being a teacher is really an amusing job because i face with different students everyday.
and, faces change every semesters as well.
plus the fact that in our school, we have students from 'various' countries, that is really quite a challenge.

to understand people from the same culture might already be difficult, what's more people from different background, different thoughts and different culture? i suppose that's really a big challenge.

i was actually quite looking forward to this semester since i love meeting new people, but the only part which i HATE is to listen to new craps.

before i start my story, i have to declare that i'm not biased, i'm not being discriminate and i'm definitely not angry. (angry is a waste of energy to those brainless homosapiens). and i'm referring to NOT just to a particular group of people, but to 'various groups' of people..

i just feel it is very ridiculous because there are humans who talk in such a way. and those humans which i refer to are those who haven't even enter the workforce to feel the cruelness of the society and yet they are already cleverly labeling other people.

wow...how come they are not good at labeling their own assignments & examinations? i think they should put more attention to their work rather to talk empty, because i really loathe and look down on such people..seriously disgusted!

the first thing i want to declare:
I DID NOT SAY I AM THE BEST TEACHER ON EARTH

well, everyone is trying to be the best but of course as they saying goes, there is always a mountain higher. so look, no one is the best. but everyone is trying to achieve the best. look carefully at the word: "trying". what is the best? how do you define the best? it's very subjective.

i feel very amused when students told me that prior entering my class, they would hear their friends saying that "Ms. Jenny is a very strict teacher, you go to her class, you'll die." Now, a question, how many of my students have died? 10? 35? 79?

First they said i'm strict and it's very hard to pass my class. Now they said i'm very lenient because many of my students got As. hmmm....so which is really the true Ms. Jenny? i'm wondering... WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU PEOPLE WANT???!?!?!!?!?

i always believe that teaching & learning is a process where people need to experience things...yes, i don't give tips to people. so what? if you really need tips so much and only then you are to pass a subject, seriously, can I laugh at you? because that excuse is so lame that i almost died laughing. so go straight to the one you think you can gain more..i didn't say i'm the best but i'm giving my best to my students. if you think you prefer the other, it's okay. it's better for me to have less students because I would rather to have long-term close relationship with fewer students rather to have a large group of problematic students who don't even care whether i'm alive or dead, isn't it?

the second thing i want to declare:
NOT EVERYONE LEARNS WITH THE SAME STRATEGY

well, in this case, i would say, different people learn better with different strategy. this is a recent conversation i had with a student (i don't want to mention name or which 'group' of people he/she is from)..this student was asking about my qualification. so i said i'm currently on masters level. and this actually quite shocked the student because the student assumed that i can't teach well. i mean, how do you define teaching well? different teachers have different styles and these styles work differently with different people.

for e.g, i have 170 students last semester, some students who worked well with my styles, they achieved higher grade and some who didn't, they did badly. so it all depends. how can you judge a person even without knowing a person's background? and anyway, whether am i a masters or phd holder has nothing to do with my classes. do you think those parts of speech and phrases & clauses has anything to do with my masters in any way? and the funny part it, that student actually told me that i should entertain them because they are foreign in this country (alrite, mayb now you can guess who!) oh...am i from the ministry of tourism? what has you coming from another country has to do with me? my job is to teach, not to entertain. you think i'm from circus? and then you asked me "whether i'm sad over what you said". hello, why should i be SAD? can you at least different the differences between sad, upset, angry, irritated and disgusted before you start saying anything? or at least get your adjectives correct. so start browsing thru' your parts of speech before talking to me, okay?

to cut my story short, i really feel irritated with this kind of people.
my advice:
1. think before you say anything because i seriously hate dealing with brainless people.
2. do not judge people even before knowing them because what makes you so good in the first place anyway?

like what i said before, if you really think you are doing crap in the english classes, you better get your crap right before starting to crap because in the end, you wouldn't want people to see you being more worthless than a piece of crap. do u hear me?

to my beloved babies, do you agree with mummy? ;)

pls feel free to comment because i seriously need feedback about this matter.

9 comments:

  1. wow..its the 1st week in school! who is the one who made our mummy get angry????????? calm down mummy! chill~ =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yer...who bully my lovely mummy!!!so bad...

    em...like wat u say, diff teacher have diff teaching style...so diff student prefer diff teaching style also...

    for me...i do my best...that is enough...i dont care ppl say about me...because i know what i want & what i am doing...

    U~~~really a good lecturer for me...i like ur style of teaching...relax & enjoy...& i sure who agree with ur teaching style are appreciate a lot - thank you vy much!!!

    just ignore them who dont understand u...dont feel sad because of them...JUST HAPPY WITH UR LOVELY GOOD BABIES...haha...

    mummy...gambateh!!!u r the best!!!^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. we can force somebody to love me rite? Just be yourself will do.
    For me, i will choose to stay with my own style, why I have to follow what others like? NO! its too tough and wasting your time.

    Life going without saying. Just enjoy learning while teaching. People just an animal who like to choose. You and me same rite? Forget about them, just try your best.

    Support you ah!!!!
    Jenny Boleh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah...thank you thank you...

    as a student, i learn to be independent because how much u can depend on others?

    as a teacher, i give whatever i think it's sufficient. n' of cos i can't be telling the students something that they don't need.. anyway, everyone's gonna b in different major..should i teach the history of English language to students who will major in Engineering, Architecture or IT?

    ridiculous wei.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. jiawen: tak ada org bully me la...don even wanna think abt it....life is hard to b a teacher...sob~sob~....change profession la...

    eunice: haha..i'm not sad...still alive n' kicking hard here...woohoo...

    tennsen: fuyoh..semangat nye...bila wan to help me take picture? with ur beautiful flower neh....

    ReplyDelete
  6. yup... agree~!!
    so, just be yourself, ignore those brainless ppl...
    for us, you are the best... ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. wah..the day i kahwin? so...i muz kambate find my prince on white horse...LOL LOL LOL

    ReplyDelete