Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Welcome Note for Sept-Dec 2009 EF Students

Dear newcomers,

Welcome to creativethinkers@work!

This blog is specially created for all the students who are attending English Foundation (EF) with me.

The reason I set up this blog is to encourage to "speak out". In my teaching years, I've encountered many students who are quiet in class. Maybe they are shy. Through this blog, I hope that all students are able to share ideas, express their thoughts as well as to get to know their peers in the EF classes. You might not share the same group, but through here, everyone is a part of the big EF family.

The first main purpose of this blog is to get everyone together and have fun! Not forgetting the serious stuff, we'll also be having more discussions, doing revision for test, mid term & assignment. From time to time, I'll post classroom announcements here for in-class and out-of-classroom activities.

You'll also find your "seniors" (former students of EF) here. I hope by having to know more friends in college, your college life will be more wonderful and of course, each of you can help to "look out" for each other. (For e.g, you have problems with some subjects which some of the other students have taken, they may be able to offer help to you.) Doesn't that just sound nice?

I love interacting with people and I hope by the end of semester (or at least through this blog), you are able to know each other well, whether or not you are from the same or different group, same or different semester.

Making new friends and sharing new experience are part of college life. Therefore, make your college life interesting and don't follow to the traditional "in-the-classroom" teaching and learning styles.

For this semester, participation in this blog will be part of your classroom assessment. Your participation will help you to earn 5% of the total marks in EF.

For your information, I'll be making all the EF students to be the author of this blog. I hope I won't be the only one who posts the entries. Please post some discussions here, and the others will join in the talk by giving feedbacks.

To newcomers: HAVE FUN BlOGGING!

To former students: Babies, stay put in this blog! Don't you dare to abandon this site!! Continue to show support by posting discussions, organizing outings and crazy-ing together!!!

3 comments:

  1. ya,anyone who meets problem about maths.then can ask me.But i want to charge..........................................Rm0.0000000001
    wahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i meets the problem of english ohh~

    ReplyDelete