Friday, September 18, 2009

INSOMNIACS!!!!

Dear students,

Today was an exciting day because holiday is here!
But my holiday will be accompanied by 5 assignments!!
I hope I can finish them within a week's time then I can concentrate on my final exams which will start on 2nd November 2009.
Bet all of you didn't expect that your teacher's life here is also full of assignments! LOL
Now you know why I chose the article about insomnia to discuss.
But apparently, no one in the class has problems with sleeping. Only me, it seems.
Oooohh.....nightmare about assignments!!!!! >.<

Well, this week has been a pretty easy week. Not too much of drillings and not too much of theory.
We've come to an end of Parts of Speech and also Verbs & Tenses.
We've also covered a bit of Term Paper writing.
However, term paper is a longer term project. So basically, we'll do it in parts.
Please don't be worried about what and how to write because that's the purpose of having drafts.
For every draft you submit, I'll tell you whether you are on the right track or not. :)

I suppose many of you haven't think of a specific topic to do for your term paper.
You have a week to think before finalizing with me the week after holiday.
No abortion, no pollution, no child abuse, No AIDS.
Other than these topics, you are free to choose any social issues.

I'm pretty excited about this assignment, because some groups had really interesting ideas.
I'm looking forward for the presentation and I'm positive that everyone will do good.

EF seniors, maybe you can post some ideas and share with the current students.

Before we end this week, let's refresh on some things we've done in class.
1. Verbs & Tenses, are they clear? Work on the exercises and we'll discuss it when we're back on action.

2. Insomnia, anything that you wanna share about this topic? I think the article is pretty informative. Not too lengthy, a very good start for reading. :)

3. Term paper writing, just another writing assignment? maybe and maybe not. Think about how you can expand your creativity and thinking skills through this assignment. It'll help you to look at things from another perspectives.

Alrite, I shall end here.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! but do drop by when you are online. I might drop one or two entries here. Just to make sure you're constantly participating...teeeheee....

*TAKE CARE*

8 comments:

  1. good luck!! my spirit always be with u. my real ppl too busy, paiseh~

    ReplyDelete
  2. well.. im still weak in verbs tenses..
    try to study when i free..

    about insomnia, sometimes i will lar..
    mostly stress will caused me cant sleep..

    ReplyDelete
  3. woah~! 5 assignments in a week??
    get yourself some rest ya...
    happy holiday~!!
    *busy~ busy~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. not so sure about the tense.. sometime will confuse.. XD

    2. insomnia.. hmm depand lo... sometime will have it.. sometime don't have.. mostly i jz lie on bed then will fall asleep... XP

    3. term paper ar.. trying hard for the work...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i gotta insomnia tis few day..can see dark circle ad~~haizz..lab report,assignment,test,midterm..stress~same with ms jenny..nightmare~~haha..

    erm,about the verb and tense..the exercise of diagnotic test8 and 11 very hard..my answer dunno whether is correct or not..some of the questions dunno how to do..

    insomnia is a good article..after read the article,i got d problem of insomnia..hahaha

    my group choose SLIMMINH as our topic..bcos we want to learn how to become slim..haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think the diagnostic tests is more difficult than the ones we learnt in class..but anyway, english is so much more...more than wat we can learn in class...so don't worry, after a lot of reading n' exercise, u can truly excel!!

    jiayie: we r haunted by assignments...LOL...tat's y insonmia...yes!! i'm very interested with slimming..keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete